(Update: Photo added)
I don’t have a photo for this yet because honestly, I wasn’t sure how it would come out so I didn’t take a pic. I adapted this from a recipe I found and it’s considerably different from the original. It came out surprisingly good and I’ll definitely be making this again though; when I do, I’ll update this with a photo.
I have only tried it with shrimp, but I think it would work well with chicken chunks cooked with the mojito lime marinade mix we use for chicken soft tacos. The lemon would pair well with it.
- 12 oz package of rotini pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (for the pasta water)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (for recipe)
- 1 12-oz bag of frozen peas
- 16 oz medium shrimp, cooked and deveined (note: thaw if frozen, and If the tails are on remove the tails)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 lemons (zest and juice both lemons)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or grated OR 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Dried parsley (optional)
Boil the pasta in a large pot according to the package directions, usually total cooking time about 7-10 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the water before adding the pasta.
A couple of minutes before the pasta is done, add the frozen peas. Continue to cook until the pasta is the desired level of done.
Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot.
Add reserved pasta water, shrimp, sour cream, lemon juice, Parmesan, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir all together until well mixed.
Add the lemon zest and pepper and stir together. If needed you can add more salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle with parsley if desired (it adds a nice touch) and enjoy!